Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What Time Is It?


I realized just recently how little I look at the clock in my home. In fact, besides the time on the computer and cable box, I only have one clock in the house and it's tucked away in a corner behind a lamp. Oh of course Mike has an alarm clock but it's sole purpose is to wake us up.  It has been mentioned to me more than once that I need to at least have one more clock in the house. When I think about it I always decide against buying another one. I got to thinking just why that is. Well simply, I don't use clocks. Who needs clocks when you have four personal time keepers like I do? 

  • Kids waking up.....it's 7am
  • Sarah is putting on her last shoe....it's 7:45am and time to catch the bus
  • Bus pulls away...it's 8am
  • Mike calls me....it's 11:30am
  • Mike walks through the door....2:45pm
  • Kids walk through the door....3:15pm
  • Kid says "Can I have a snack?" complete with sibling echo effect....4pm
  • Claudia says "I'm hungry".....4:30 and time to plan dinner
  • Claudia says "What's for dinner?"....5pm time to start dinner
  • Sarah starts screaming...7pm and time to get kids ready for bed
  • Sarah passes out wherever she is.....8:30pm and time for the other two to go to bed
  • Claud and Josh finally pass out.....10:30pm and time for me to go to bed
See who says I need more clocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment